Cape Smokey is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic Snow Specialist to develop and maintain the hill year round. A snow specialist is trained in one or more key elements of snow resort maintenance including; snow making, grooming, trail cutting, maintenance and/or repairs. The ideal candidate takes pleasure in shaping the guest experience, knowing they personally will enjoy a good run in winter or hike in summer. Snow specialists are outdoor enthusiasts and natural ambassadors for the year round snow resort experience, embodying the lifestyle and inspiring others.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more areas of snow resort operations, including; maintenance, grooming, snow making or trail building (Landscaping)/maintenance
- Certified training an asset
- Ability to build and follow maintenance schedules
- Experience with preventative maintenance
- Experience working in the winter and summer at a snow resort an asset
- Experience developing and maintaining safety standards
- Experience developing budgets and estimates to carry out work/repairs
- Understanding of supply chains
- Awareness of global industry standards
- Problem solving
- Solutions oriented
- Customer focused
- FREE Season Pass to ski/snowboard (Including his immediate family)
- Training sessions
- Discounts on food
- Discounts in retail store
- Deals on ski and snowboard equipment
- Staff accommodation for qualified candidates
- Uniform provided
Location: The location of work is Ingonish, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
Qualified applicants, please send your application and your possible start date via email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Come Live, Work and Play at Cape Smokey!