Cape Smokey is seeking a qualified and experienced Resort Manager (NOC 60031) to manage and direct the operations of our resort. This is a 3-year, non-seasonal, position. We are looking for an individual who successfully balances progressive leadership with operational priorities and has experience overseeing the year-round operations of a ski resort. As Resort Manager, you are agile and flexible with capacity to oversee various functions; from managing snow making and maintenance schedules to building and managing budgets and workforce plans and launching a suite of experiential summer excursions. Most importantly, you are an organized individual who is passionate about Cape Breton and its future.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of the resort
- Be knowledgeable about Cape Smokey and resort experiences
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies
- Lead a progressive workplace culture rooted in our company’s values
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Build and manage snow making and maintenance schedules
- Recruit and supervise staff and oversee training
- Build preventative maintenance programs
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions
- Resolve customer complaints.
- 4-5 years’ management experience at a year-round ski resort
- Must have contracting experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree required
- Superior communications skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong occupational health and safety leadership skills
- Must be discrete and diplomatic.
Language of Work: English
Hours: This position is a full-time, 3-year, position for 40 hours per week.
Salary: The qualified applicant will be paid an annual salary of $100,000
- Ongoing training
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Access to resort activities
- Food and merchandise discounts.
Location: The location of work is Ingonish, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
Qualified applicants, please send your application and your possible start date via email to:email@example.com