Mountain Top Snowshoeing at Cape Smokey
Embrace winter with a day of fun in snow where the mountains of Cape Breton meet the sea. Surrounded by stunning coastal views, ride Atlantic Canada’s first and only gondola to the top of Cape Smokey. Explore a mountaintop snowshoe trail to beautiful Skier Lodge Lake, a 3.2 km return trail. Soak up the sights at three viewing platforms showcasing panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, Cape Breton Highlands, and Ingonish. Enjoy views from the gondola on your return to the base of the mountain.
- A single ride adult lift ticket for the Atlantic Gondola
- A 3-hour snowshoe rental with walking poles (for use on site only)
Price: $49.95 + HST
Available until March 31, 2023, weather permitting
Good to know:
- Cape Smokey & the Atlantic Gondola operates from 9:30am – 4:30pm with the last trip up at 4:20.
- Snowshoeing is available between 9:30am-4:30pm
- Lodge is open for breakfast at 9am – 11am and our all-day menu is available from 11am- 4pm Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday and 9am – 7pm on Friday and Saturday
- We are closed on Monday and Tuesday with the exception of Holiday Mondays, December holiday break and March Break
- The Blue Moose Bar is open from 11am – 4pm on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday and 11am – 7pm Friday and Saturday with Après Ski Saturdays to enjoy live music from 3-6 pm
- Our gondola cars can carry up to 8 people
- Snowshoes are available in adult and children’s sizes. We recommend snow boots (all weather boots) or waterproof trail shoes.